Wednesday, March 14, 2012

tagged!


Sometimes when life gets crazy, inspiration seems far off. I feel as these last few months have been creeping through my life I have gotten more and more busy! Preparing to be a mother is overwhelming stuff! I am so grateful to Megan @ two little love birds for tagging me in her blog post. Its nice to get a chance to blog.

The Rules...

1. You must post the rules.

2. Post 12 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.

3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create 12 new questions for the people you tagged.

4. Tag 12 people and link them on your post.

5. Let them know you've tagged them!


Getting to know me. 12 random facts that make me who I am:

1. I have am a wife, anyone who knows me at all knows that I am in love with this wonderful man named Brett Davis. Brett and I love anything fun, and anything with a little adventure. He is way to good to me, and way to handsome for me ; ) i mean come on! Just look at the guy!

2. Religion is a big part of who I am. I belong to The church of Jesus Christ, of latter day saints. I feel that having spiritual communion with a higher power satisfies every spirits desire to return to what we know. Each of us has something in our life that drives us. Each of us needs something in our life to inspire us. All of us have a desire to know where we came from, and where we are going... no matter the religion. I feel best when communing deeply with my Father in Heaven on a daily basis. Even if its just for guidance on the little things. Its very cleansing for the soul.

3. I secretly love being around teenagers ; ) I work closely with the youth and I love seeing their passion for life. I feel empowered when I see them make tough decisions, and while no one has everything figured out, most of the time teens dumfound you with their wisdom. They also however, can floor you with bad decisions. I would love to be a youth counselor or life couch someday.

4. My cupboards, and my pantry are always in order. My house can be in total chaos BUT if you stare into a cupboard of mine, you will always see complete order.

5. I'm scared I will never find something in life that I'm really good at! I am envious of my friends who are in college. Now that I will be staying at home, I will be getting a chance to go back to school. I am daunted by this task with the possibility of failure. Its kinda terrifying.

6. Bretts Grandfather had a gladiola farm. Its our dream to one day have one as well.

7. I work in dermatology. I know skin. Therefore, I am proud to be pale. Creamy white skin, to me, is now beautiful. Its a sign that someone will age slower, healthier, and avoid major skin cancer surgeries down the road. I've seen what skin cancer can do. Its not fun, and is the only cancer that you have some control over! If your ivory and white. Own it! These ladies have no problems making pale fierce!



8. I love anything old, I love to antique. Because of this, DI and thrift stores are my favorite places to go to blow some time.

9. I have a dog, his name is Buster. Generally speaking... he loves my husband more. He really is pretty darn cute though.

10. If I'm chewing gum, I have a bad habit of snapping it. Its something I am working on lol.

11. I have a INSANLY large collection of nail polish. The small little bottles can fill two gallon sized bags. I rarely, however, paint my nails "/

12. I'm going to be a mother! To a little girl. This little girl to be exact.




Questions from Megan:

1. What is your guilty pleasure food?

I love to cook! So I feel like all food is my guilty pleasure. I love unique ingredients and anything ethnic or different. Sushi is fantastic and I am in love with Indian food.


2. If you could choose a song to represent who you are, what would it be?


"You picked me" by A Fine Frenzy. This can be viewed here


"Like an apple on a tree, hiding out behind the leaves, I was difficult to reach... but you picked me...."


I feel like this song describes my marriage perfectly. I'm so happy someone saw me, out of all the rest.


3. What is your favorite book, movie, or TV show? You choose.


the giver. This book never gets old, and always teaches me something.


4. What do you want to be when you grow up? :)


I don't really know yet? A mother, a homemaker, an artist, a inspiration, a gardener, a well rounded happy woman I think...


5. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?


I would fill up the car, and go backpacking with the husband. Some of our best memories are of us romping around in the dirt. Living off of nature. With a small backpack full of shelter and sustenance.



6. What is your favorite hobby?


Photography. Although I'm still learning a lot, and there are plenty of people who can rock it better than I, it's very relaxing.


7. Dress up or jeans?


Dress up!


8. What would you do if you won the lottery? Besides jump up and down screaming, of course.


Pay off my house. Buy a family cabin, adopt. Buy a catamaran, and a storage unit to put it in.


9. Favorite Quote?


The world is not respectable; it is mortal, tormented, confused, deluded forever; but it is shot through with beauty, with love, with glints of courage and laughter; and in these, the spirit blooms timidly, and struggles to the light amid the thorns.


10. Most embarrassing moment?


hmmm I have lots.... a repair guy was fixing our basement after a flood. He was in the middle of the assessment when my dog ran over to him, squatted down, and pooped right by his feet. I was screaming, and buster went running down the hall laying turds as he took off for freedom. He never does this. I don't know why he had to choose that moment to seriously, seriously, embarrass me.


11. Biggest Pet Peeve?


Picky eaters.


12. What are 3 things you love about yourself?


My green eyes. My ability to retain useless facts, and 1970's song lyrics. My desire to good by people.




Your turn to spill the beans! I'm tagging:


Brenda @ jbccp

Katie @ davis five

Angela @ the cronin family

Courtney @ shaun.courtney.ryleigh

Megan @our little jacobsen family

Nicole @ the mecham's

Kelsey @ kelsey and dane

Lauren @ the Thompson Family

Brittany @ Whimsability

Sharisa @ Sharisa's blog

Rachel @ layne and rachel

Jessie @ mike and jessie


My questions for you are:


  1. What is your favorite food?
  2. What’s a song that best describes you?
  3. What is one of your favorite quotes?
  4. What’s your favorite childhood memory?
  5. If you could choose anyone to hang out with for a day, who would it be, why?
  6. Whats your favorite hobby?
  7. Whats a goal, big or small of yours?
  8. Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad, but ended up being really good?
  9. Whats the first memory you ever had?
  10. What makes you feel your very best?
  11. What is your pet peeve?
  12. What is something your afraid of?

3 comments:

Mady said...

I love the random facts! You're just awesome and I can't wait for you to have that cute little girl to show off to everyone!

the davis family said...

thanks miss mady! i enjoy reading you blog, and i am impressed by how often you get around to blogging. go you!!!

Lauren said...

Very cute! I like learning about you. And girl, you have PLENTY of talents and brains! You'll do great in school! Or better yet, do photography! Great mommy job and your pictures are great and unique. By the way, that baby of yours is gorgeous. Thanks for the tag! I'll definitely be doing this.