Friday, April 5, 2013

crazy guest: Kayla Seguin

I am so so excited about this guest post. I cannot say enough good things about this lovely lady. Not only is she a giant in the kitchen. (she has clean eating down pat) she also is always looking fresh; and has a beautiful little family she is creating. if you can't tell, i think very highly of her and am so happy to have her post here. 



Kayla Seguin, I live in Dallas,Texas with my hubby who is a full time student working on his masters. Outside of my day job, I run a small photography business, Jot&Tittle. I love to cook and bake, transforming traditional recipes is my favorite! I consider myself a junk food addict "in remission". I have been trying new recipes with eating clean in mind for about two months now, and I love it! I am working on my blogging skills, so feel free to follow me at www.fancyphrase.blogspot.com.


Veggie Grilled Cheese

2 slices Ezekiel bread
Tomato
Fresh Spinach leaves
Red onion 
sliced Fresh Mozzarella
Coconut Oil
minced garlic
Pitted kalamata olives (you could use black olives as well)
Mozzetta Jalepeno sandwich spread (optional)

Take two slices of bread, using a butter knife spread coconut oil lightly on each slice. Now flip both slices of bread over, add jalapeno spread to one slice, and minced garlic to the other. On medium heat, place both pieces of bread "buttered" side faced down on the skillet. Add thin cuts of mozzarella cheese to both slices of bread. Allow the cheese to sit a minute and get warm, add tomato slices, red onions, and olives to one side, then stack spinach leaves on top. (stacking tends to help them stay in place) Now place the other slice of bread on top. Carefully begin to flip the sandwich, once the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted, you are done! Enjoy!

No comments: